Staff application Uberflieger/Oddball/Wedge/Hotshot

Clone Wars PVP / Accepted Applications / Staff application Uberflieger/Oddball/Wedge/Hotshot

Posted: 1 week ago / Feb 21, 2021
Edited: 1 week ago / Feb 21, 2021

Staff
Trial Moderator
VIP
OP

Staff
Trial Moderator
VIP
OP

Steam ID + Discord Name & ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/) STEAM_0:1:115506356 Überflieger#3232

In-Game Name: Oddball (Aka Wedge/Hotshot/Uberfleiger)

Timezone: GMT

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘SAM’ or 'ULX'?: Yes, set it up myself before, know all the commands and all that shizzz

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Why should we accept you over the other applicants?: You should accept me as staff over others because I understand how sits should run very well, in sits it can be hostile, people can get mad and I understand the job is also to make sure people do not get so mad they never rejoin (unless they getting perma banned i guess tho lol) the job is to make sure EVERYONE (with few exceptions) has fun and enjoys themselves. I am also active, of course there is no real unbiased opinion but as much as a human can to be unbiased in sits as everyone has been on both sides of the sits, situations can be misinterpreted by staff and by perpertrators inside the sit and bystanders so I am aware its important to take it slow and steady, but not waste peoples time.

Do you have any past experience as staff? Yep losts, as mentioned lower in the application. I have been staff alot before on IG, in the main staff team, in the gamemaster team and in the management team. I have ran my own CWRP servers in the past, under the names Crossfire Gaming, Galactic Gaming and Galactic Networks. I have also been moderator alot on Superior Servers DarkRP for a long time before I quit about a year ago. I have alot been staff around alot of servers generally but over many years I cannot remember all lol but I have mentioned there enough hopefully.

How active are you on the discord & server? Very active, same as I have been in ww2. I have 4250 hours on gmod for a reason, its like crack :)

Why would you like to become staff? One reason quite frankly is because I have a pilot bug meaning i cannot spawn in vehicles. But is it not just that as I would not want to be staff if I cared not for it I would still not be applying. So to continue...

I want to be staff because I want to help out people. I have been in this community since 2015 and have been staff/gamemaster a very large sum. I want to help THIS community because I know and like the community, I am also aware of issues that arise in the staff team and I want to be a staff member that can help mitigate those issues and overall make the server better.

What is the job of a staff member? Job of a staff member is mainly to act as a form of law and order upon the server, they take people into sits to deal with things such as minges, MRDMers however things like DDoS threats should not be taken away from RP and into admin sit but instead instantly perma banned and to mention it to a higher up. Things like harassment over time may require more than a sit, for that evidence such as recordings and screenshots are required. If a staff member is struggling to make a decision, it is their duty not to make a weak decision but to instead contact higher ups or another staff member for a second opinion. It is also their job to treat everyone in sits friendly and act as a helpful presence to new players.

Anything else we should know: I am perfectly aware that to spawn in stuff as mentioned as ONE but of course NOT the only reason I want to join, I have to be admin to do that, but I want to make sure that whoever is reading this application knows that I am here for the long haul, whether my issue gets fixed or whatever. I am here for the community and not just because I want to spawn in ships again. I know that I may have to work long and hard to even get the permission to spawn in them and I am perfectly okay with that. And if not then that is also perfectly fine and I would be grateful for it. Its hard to mention this without trying to sound power hungary in written word but I hope I got my point across properly. I am perfectly happy to expand on this in voice chat if need be :).

Please sign in to view & create replies.